SailNet Community - View Single Post - Vancouver 27 vs Albin Vega 27
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012

Agri is on a distinguished road
I'm actually trying to decide between two Vegas a Vancouver and a Pacific Seacraft 25. The higher priced of the two Vegas has been recently repowered as has the Vancouver. That said the owners of the higher priced Vega as well as the Vancouver didn't seem that big on maintenance. The survey from last year said that the alternator belt needed to be tightened which has clearly not been done, the water in the bilge is oily as well. On the Vancouver all the standing rigging is loose not just a little bit but considerably. Seeing that makes me wonder why the boat was repowered and what other things might be neglected.

On the other hand the lower priced Vega is in excellent condition for her age, at least to my eye. The owner seemed to be a very meticulous person. The kind of guy that needs to have everything working just right. The minus side was that it still had the original engine in it. That said I could see nothing wrong with it. It fired up and ran fine. Apparantly he has a spare one he uses for parts as well as a reliable supplier in Europe. If it wasn't for the engine being original I probably would have bought the boat on the spot. It wasn't just the engine that was original, it still had all the original teak cleats as well.

As far as sailing intentions go I have big dreams but for the near future mainly coastal sailing.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook