SailNet Community - View Single Post - Battery charging
View Single Post
  #25  
Old 11-28-2006
dave.verry dave.verry is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 93
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 9
dave.verry is on a distinguished road
Someone WAS paying attention!

Exactly right! A single battery charger will charge a parallel string just as if it were one battery. Since the capacity is doubled it will take twice as long to get to the 80% charge level (when the battery reaches the float voltage for the battery) but charging the remaining 20% will take an additional 12 to 18 hours, the same for each individual battery alone on the charger.

You should set the charger as you would for a single battery.
__________________
There are two types of fools...

One says this is old, and therefore good..

The other says this is new, and therefore better...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook