SailNet Community - View Single Post - slightly soft floor remedies
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: slightly soft floor remedies

My winter project is to replace the sole on our C&C 35MKIII. It has about 7 different sections to it. The floor is screwed down on the horizontal stringers and longitudinal ribs.It can be taken up easily. What you find underneath I am sure will take some cleaning as my boat is 30 years old this year. In addition it will give me a chance to clean the limber holes,replace bilge pump hoses, and examine the structural integrity of the stringers also.

Teak and holy 3/4 inch is sold in 5X8 ft sheets in this area for about $ 400 a sheet. I intend on taking up the floor sections and taking them to someone with the appropriate commercial saw to fabricate them using the the sections as templates. We will put some epoxy layers on the bottoms of the boards before they go down.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook