SailNet Community - View Single Post - Opposition to liveaboards
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Opposition to liveaboards

Our club charges 200 a month for liveaboards. The winter water lines are only necesaary because of them as the regualr dock water is turned off at the end of November- February.

In addition I dont see that a fee is unreasonable as the liveaboards are getting away with not paying property taxes, which fund schools here. In setting rent for apts that is a consideration for the renting charge.

I also see no problem with an HOA and live in a community where the HOA are memebers of the community. The diversity oif the board helps prevent any one individual with abberant strict conformity rules from getting to out of hand. On the other hand the HOA enforcement of some of the community rules keeps our property values higher tha similar communities nearby without them, helps manage the snow removeal and landscaping of the common areas in our community as well as the pool and clubhouse area. No one forces you to live here and if you dont want to comply with the HOA then purchase a house/ townhouse somewhere else.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 10-11-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook