SailNet Community - View Single Post - Opposition to liveaboards
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Opposition to liveaboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingNwing View Post
.....Except for the one we were at where the yard workers started drinking hard and fast promptly at 5:01 every Friday night......
This is an admitted highjack, but I would love to start a thread that would get all over this.

I'm the first to enjoy a cocktail at the end of the day and am happy that yard employees do so too. However, drinking in plain sight of the customers at 5:01 (make that 12:01 on Saturdays) is ridiculous. Generally, who cares. But the next time they screw up some maintenance (AND THEY WILL), the only thought I have in my mind is them sitting around drunk with empty Coors Light cans all around them. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Bad management, which is grossly typical in the marine industry.

I think everybody just wants to believe they are in an industry that is laid back and everyone is there for fun. However, they are still in business.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook