SailNet Community - View Single Post - Opposition to liveaboards
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Opposition to liveaboards

Quote:
I'm the first to enjoy a cocktail at the end of the day and am happy that yard employees do so too. However, drinking in plain sight of the customers at 5:01 (make that 12:01 on Saturdays) is ridiculous. Generally, who cares. But the next time they screw up some maintenance (AND THEY WILL), the only thought I have in my mind is them sitting around drunk with empty Coors Light cans all around them. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Bad management, which is grossly typical in the marine industry.- Minnewaska
I think lots of industries have this problem.

This is the same problem in the restaurant business when employees finish work and go to the bar while the restuarant is still open.

I know you are a pilot...I must say it is very disconcerting when I travel ( fairly frequently) for business and am on a layover or between connecting flights seeing the pilots, crew flight atendants drinking in the airport restraurant lounges.

Quote:
On your other point, Dave, I'm actually agreeing with you - thereby showing the problems with communication by text without benefit of tone and body language.-Wingnwing
+1 you are right here and also about letting each decide. A blanket rule without an overreaching problem is usually not a good idea.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook