SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interior Lighting
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012

olson34 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
We have two Alpenglow teak overhead fixture lights in our salon and it has an incredible amount of lumens whilke the power draw is .2 mamps. The multiprisims cover is part of the reason. These lights have two white settinngs as well as two red settibngs built in. I replaced our overlead floreecent lights completely with these. Also the white wavelenghth is not glary like most LED and has a softer white light like a regular bulb.

Dave
"Plus One" on the Alpenglow product.
Recently a friend of mine put two of the wall lights with the dimmers on his E-38. The quality is evident when you first inspect and turn one on.
So I bought a replacement for our adequate-but-glare-producing florescent galley overhead fixture. Installed it last week. It is Amazing!
Two levels of white and two levels of red. Beautifully made. I chose the 'medium' teak grain and it goes with our teak cabinetry very well. (They have other woods to chose from, also.)

And then it's just nice to find a domestically built and designed light, from a company started by a cruising sailor. I called with some questions about their light specs and the gal that answered was knowledgeable about watts, lumens, and how to compare their lights to others.

As we can budget for it, there will be some more of these in our future.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook