SailNet Community - View Single Post - PSC34 power generation/storage solution?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012

shanedennis is on a distinguished road
Re: PSC34 power generation/storage solution?

We installed the lights mentioned in the previous post. Following are our experiences:
1. Replacement LED brass dome lights from marineengine.com: These look very nice and give off a nice bright light. My kids love the red option, my wife likes the quality of the white light. The wiring in these lights was not as robust as the wiring in the original fixtures... made in China...
2. SMD Power Cluster Back Pin X-Beam bulb replacements for my halogen reading lamps from marinebeam.com: These give off light similar to old fashioned light bulbs. A little more yellow than the dome lights, a little warmer. They plugged into the halogen lamp fitting with no problem. High quality product.
3. Four replacement brass-looking Victory Xenon reading light fixtures: nice looking, quality seems better than original lamps. My only gripe was that I only found out after ordering that they we not in stock so they took longer to arrive.

We have also purchased a Solarland 85W solar panel and a Morningstar solar controller from emarine.com to help keep our batteries topped up. I plan to fabricate an adjustable stern rail mount for it.

Have not got around to checking out Calder's book regarding the spare marine battery. I have the book, need to dig it out and read that section. Thanks for the advice, Sam.

Last edited by shanedennis; 10-11-2012 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Fix typos
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook