SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1984 c&c 35-3
Thread: 1984 c&c 35-3
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: 1984 c&c 35-3

Bubblehead...whats the name of it. Never heard my boat refered to as swanky ( I lkust have too many things hanging off it now- Radar Pole, Davitd, TC antannae, Radar.), but shes fast, Hows does your place in your races? Against what?

Hillenme-
Mine is cored above and below the waterline not below. Every boat is different in terms of water/ moisture. Many boats are cored above the waterline. We have had absolutely no water or moisture intrude in the core or wettness at all. You have to take the correct precautions when putting thru hulls in or deck equipment. After drilling/ boring your hole you ferret out the basla ( end grain in C&C) in the space between the two gelcoat layers. I go back 1/2 inch around the whole diamater. Then you fill that with fiberglass/ epoxy. If you get a ding down to you core you follow the same procedure. I test the wetness with a moisture meter every couple months especially around thru hulls and anything that has bedding ( Hatches , nicrovent, clutches etc.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook