SailNet Community - View Single Post - Vancouver 27 vs Albin Vega 27
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: Vancouver 27 vs Albin Vega 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by copacabana View Post
I see your point John, and normally I would agree. It's just that when you talk about such a small, simple boat I don't think the displacement will make much of a difference in the maintenance costs. The Vancouver may have a bigger anchor, perhaps a new suit of sails will cost a bit more, etc. We're still talking inexpensive boat costs for both boats. Both the Vega and the Vancouver are pretty much perfect pocket cruisers. Our friend Agri is in a win-win decision situation. Personally, I'd go for the Vancouver if it surveyed well as I like the layout better and I believe it's a tougher cruiser (and it was designed specifically as a small offshore cruising boat).
Absolutely - the Van 27 is just a lot more boat. I don't think there's any question that it's the better choice in this instance.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook