SailNet Community - View Single Post - Vancouver 27 vs Albin Vega 27
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: Vancouver 27 vs Albin Vega 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agri View Post
Thanks for the help. The Vega and the Van both meet my requirements there is no doubt about that. I'm definitely leaning towards the Van I really prefer the transom mounted rudder and the overall look of the boat. The problem I'm having right now is that in the interest of covering all my bases and checking out every boat in the area that appeared to me might requirments I took a look at a Pacific Seacraft 25. Now while it checks a lot of boxes for me personally, full keel, transom mounted rudder, double ended, compression post under the mast, chain plates on everything ( even the stantions for the life lines have chain plates on the under side which the Vega didn't have) when I sat in the cockpit it didn't seem as if it would be as dry as the above mentioned boats. That said when I close my eyes its the one I'm thinking of. I guess I just need to hurry up and make a decision. The broker for the Van called me today saying that others are showing interest in it so my chance at a good deal may be slipping away there if I don't hurry up and decide.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2
The PS25 is a sweetheart - a real little ship that just reeks of quality but for long term cruising it would come up a bit short - pun intended - no standing headroom. It's also nearly 1/2 the size of the Van 27, about the same disp. as the Vega.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook