SailNet Community - View Single Post - Opposition to liveaboards
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012
cruising all I can

joethecobbler is on a distinguished road
Re: Opposition to liveaboards

Emoney- Ok , you got me. I have to tell you I don't go from town to town and marina to marina and harrass the help about the rates. Rather , As I sail about , up and down the east coast I meet people , discuss topics of interest and the status of local marinas, anchoring ,management attitudes as well as the temperment of the local authorities always seem to come up after the initial "where you going, where you been " discussions are exhausted.
So, "on The surface" it may seem that way and seeing that perspective in print certainly struck a chord w/ me as I wouldn't want to be percieved as an ass that merely goes from buss. establishment to establishment w/ the sole purpose of mocking the practices their.
On a slightly different chord, I find it extremely interesting the almost completely different views presented by Che2sail and wingnwing while both have stated valid views and concerns the perceptions of each are so different it speaks to something I am unable to put into words. On one hand you have an opinion and perspective of a YC member abd HOA homeowner of aparent means and on the other a cruising sailor whom is quite obviously "out there" doing what many dream of. THe difference in their perspectives and attitudes towards this topic are fascinating to me. And make me ask myself HOW they have arrived at there positions and I keep coming back to their life experiences and economic standing which I believe are entwined when a person goes through life and certainly expresses the differences in the un-official class warfare in our culture.
But as the country singer who's name I cannot recall says- I could be wrong.
Just sayin'
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook