SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mooring vs slip?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012
Lake Sailor

cb32863 is on a distinguished road
Re: Mooring vs slip?

I didn't mind being on a mooring this season and getting to and from the boat was pretty easy, like some have said, you get used to the process. It really depends on what you do with your boat and where you are. I am on a nice lake in the Twin Cities metro area so no need to worry about hurricanes and all that. My biggest worry is all the other boaters out there, like the nice ladies that ran over the no wake buoy with their rented pontoon boat. I also have a dock area I can head over to to pick people up and all that. For my situation, having guests in the rain is not going to happen. The only thing I am going to change for next season is to be on a different mooring as the one I was on was right at the no wake line and well, let's just say that certain folks really have no idea what that means.....

Try the mooring first and then if it is not your thing, get in line for a slip if you can afford one.

FWIW

S/V Papillon 1977 O' Day 25

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook