SailNet Community - View Single Post - Oday 30 keel concerns, New member here too!
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
No keel bolts. fin keel model. I tend to think in worse case scenieros about things. The bottom near the keel on the starboard side has a row of bumps showing and it really looks like the outline of a flange. The filler looks like 5200. For such an old boat the bottom is remarkably smooth and well painted otherwise. Rudder needs attention, though I'm waiting for that to dry out. My worry is that "encapsulated" may mean it's just a fiberglass keel that was filled and attached to the bottom. Question is... How would it go on? dropped in or glued to the bottom? dropped in seems the logical way. I'm sure when they built the boats the molds weren't different for the centerboard boats. I would like to figure out a way to make sure I'm not going to have probs later as the yrs go by. I'm not opposed to opening up the floor on either side of the bilge to access or install stringers either. I will call Rudy at D&R as I've been meaning to anyway.
thanks for the input everyone! I think I like this place!

Last edited by deniseO30; 11-28-2006 at 04:20 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook