SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is the C&C 30 MK1 a capible offshore boat?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Re: Is the C&C 30 MK1 a capible offshore boat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltgoshen View Post
Yes Sir, I know Iím not ready as of yet. I am cautious. I WANT TO LIVE... HAHA any wa6y I will go for short day trips offshore for the next 18 months or so before I do a "TRIP" I want to really get to know the boat and its abilities. This takes a commitment to cast off every time I can and challenge the weather a bit. I need to learn to reef in a controlled environment, close to home. Port Royal sound is bought three and a half miles wide and 14 miles long. That may be just the ticket in the learning grounds. I will practice anchoring and standing 3 hour watches. I And you are right a bought this forum, I have met some great people that have done nothing but encourage me but at the same time keeping me safe with warnings and advise. I'm glad I found this site. Thanks again for your help.
If this has not crossed you mind and is not in your plan, please consider crewing an off shore voyage with other captains. There are plenty of nice and knowledge captains are willing to take on a newbies. Do this first before you venture out on you own C&C 30. I am sure your C&C will out live you and me.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook