SailNet Community - View Single Post - Winter Storage - City Island or Port Washington?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012

pfile is on a distinguished road
Re: Winter Storage - City Island or Port Washington?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for suggestions. I will investigate tomorrow to see if the lazy jacks can be pulled in towards the mast. I did find a line that eased them but it's not really that helpful. As you guys have pointed out, it would be better to be able to pull them in out of the way.

The sail slugs are metal and not plastic. I think I'll just need to head up better and deploy the autopilot next time. Maybe some more McLube will do it.

Caleb, at the moment she's on a mooring in Port Washington Harbor. I got a deal on it for a 1 month stay until end of Oct.

I got to haul soon and also learn how to winterize. This weekend I'm going to turn all fawcets on and drain the fresh water tanks ready for anti freeze. Also I'm going to get the holding tank pumped.

What are the thoughts about leaving her uncovered during the winter season?

I do have a fairclough cover but not frame (long story) they quoted me $1100 for a new frame. Cannot use shrinkwrap and she is awlgripped and shrinkwrap against awlgrip is a no no.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook