Join Date: Sep 2011
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 6
Re: What I learned at the Annapolis Boat Show
12. Dual helms are cool looking but unless you have a big boat or a beamy boat, a single helm seems to work just fine.
13. If you have been looking at magazine ads for your new boat, you will probably be disappointed once you set foot on them at the show.
14. Refrigeration technology has come a long way and has finally gotten to that point where I found myself saying, "Now that's a nice system!" "Now that's a nice setup!"
15. Air conditioning in a sailboat no longer creates shocked responses.
16. Electronic navigation is wonderful but I wonder how many sailors know paper chart navigation or how to use a sextant? To me, the latter is like having a hand pump in the bilge.
Since going to the show I feel like I'm part of the sailing community again. It's good to be home. Now I just need a place of my own.