View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012

scurvy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to scurvy
Re: O'day 25 New Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailpdx View Post
Hello Scurvy:
. However, if you are handy, this boat can be turned into a lovely cruiser that will compete with any boat (like CalebD said) in its class/size. Above all, its pretty to look at and hides her age well.
Understood. I plan on putting her on a trailer twice a year..once to put her in and another to take her out. She will hang from a mooring in the months in between.

I used to be a terrible boat snob when I was younger and unfortunately the O'Day bared much of the brunt of my "troubled mind". We used to call them slow-day on Lake Winnipesaukee where I grew up. It wasn't until about 10 years ago when I was looking for a boat to replace my Sabre (hell bent on getting an Albin Vega) a sales agent took us out to see an O'day 28'. What a boat...just beautiful, meticulously cared for, and engine you could eat off of, tons of electronics and all the creature comforts of home. A perfect boat for my large family at that time. I turned her down and I have to be honest that I haven't stopped regretting that day since. I spent 4 years with the Vega and she was a great boat, but just wasn't a comfortable boat for the family and so I found myself sailing alone much of the time.

I think this 25' could be a great one for our needs and I can do it on the cheap which is very important. Nice looking boat with everything that we want in a coastal cruiser.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook