SailNet Community - View Single Post - O'day 25 New Member
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012
Learning the HARD way...

eherlihy will become famous soon enough
Re: O'day 25 New Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurvy View Post
Love Garhauer!! They single handedly outfitted my Sabre 28. Beautiful Boom Vang and all the blocks, new traveler. They are outstanding aren't they?
When I converted my Nico-Fico traveller to a combination Nico-Garhauer unit, I called Garhauer. The person that answered the phone asked what I wanted, and I said a custom traveler. She transferred me and I spoke directly with Guido. (Wouldn't it be nice if you could call any other company; say a car dealership, and speak with the owner.)

At first I think that Guido thought that I was nuts for not using a complete Garhauer system. I explained that the track was in place for 25 years, didn't have any leaks where it connected to the coachroof, and I had already spent over $500 bucks on a new (actually NOS) Nico-Fico traveler car with double blocks. Guido said that he would have made me an entire system for what I paid for the car, but he understood. He then figured out exactly what I needed, and said that I would have it in a couple of weeks.

After a couple of weeks, my order had not arrived, so I called back, and couldn't reach Guido. "He was out of the office," I was told. Then I did a little googling and learned that his wife had just passed away.

The next week I received a call from Guido, apologizing for the delay. I told him that I completely understood, and expressed my condolences. He was gracious, but said that I would receive my order by the next week. Tuesday morning, I received a box with brand new beautifully polished stainless traveler blocks, for less money than another well respected source's "clearance" price. The upgrade is one of the best things that I have done to the boat.

Ya, Garhauer IS outstanding!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, ASA 101/103/104/105 Certified Instructor - Also certified in Recreational Marine Electrical Systems

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Getting back onto the water after undergoing knee surgery.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook