SailNet Community - View Single Post - Review of my season on Georgian Bay
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012

chamonix is on a distinguished road
Re: Review of my season on Georgian Bay

http://youtu.be/T1WDe2t4-CMNext day it is off to Wingfield basin to the north. Small craft warning in effect, winds from the East 15 to 20 knots. Waves 1 to 1 1/2 meters. So we motor out of Colpoy Bay and into some pretty big waves. Not as big as on our first leg, but that was only for an hour and heading straight into them. This is another 20 to 30 miles with the waves on our beam.
We decide to turn around, as we head back in the Niagara is heading out. From a distance it looks like a power boat it's throwing that much spray from it's bow. As its passing we (OK, me) decides we are just being wimps, so we turn back around and head for Wingfield. As we leave the Bay, again, a big Hunter passes us and puts up it's sails! Right, That's it for me, we have not sailed since we began this trip and I'm sick of motoring. Sails up, reef in, and off we go on one of the best sails we've had since we started sailing. Its amazing how the sails smooth out the ride over the waves.
I'm posting some video we made. Even I've got to admit the waves seem tame compared how they seemed that day. Noticed it on other video's I've seen. Whats with that?

Last edited by chamonix; 10-13-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook