SailNet Community - View Single Post - Opposition to liveaboards
View Single Post
post #54 of Old 10-12-2012
cruising all I can
Re: Opposition to liveaboards

Chef2sail - Thank you for the insight about your YC . It definitely gives me a view into a fine long standing establishment that apparently furthers the interests of boating and sailing.
I wouldn't and cannot deny that at any level and I must say The rates you quoted when compared to other locations and Marinas aren't bad at all! Hell, I could even afford it if I were so inclined and was willing to forgo a few other of my interests that consume my meager earnings. Sounds like not a bad place at all.
BUT - (and a rather large but at that) When I made reference to class warfare I wasn't refering to you opposed to WingNWing I was refering to BOTH OF YOU .
And I wil attempt to explain.
You BOTH are of the upper financial bracket (apparently WingNWing a bit more so ??)
I didn't mean to indicate that you-all were of different financial class but rather you both were "well Heeled" and that it is interesting that you had differing opinions and views , I am now even MORE fascinated as to you differing perspectives in light of your revealed friendship and all.
You have dispelled a bit of the YC stereotype I had of you (chef2sail) in light of the costs and figures as well as the structure of you club. interesting view into your world.
I also find it quite nice that you can have a difference of opinion and still be friends, as it should be.
However , the way I read your posts and the fact that you enjoy the HOA relationship of homeownership I percieve you as a bit of a harsher outlook to the financially lesser endowed (two homes each for you and spouse,HOA,Jersey shore) I mean come on man.
Now , that being said , bully for you ! I think it's great your doing well and wish you the best in the future. I'm not of the "hate the Rich" mindset, I appreciate your opinions and perspective I just don't always understand it or agree with it.
Like I said "I could be wrong" thanks for the clarification.
No hostility meant and (I hope) no hard feelings.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome