SailNet Community - View Single Post - Opposition to liveaboards
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012

Brewgyver is on a distinguished road
Re: Opposition to liveaboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidney777 View Post
Alot of marinas charge a liveaboard fee. They say liveaboards use the restrooms more and cause wear on the marina which ia a bunch of B.S. They come up with many false reasons, and excuses..... I would guess people opposed to live-aboards agree with the marinas.
Sidney, I'm not a liveaboard, and I have nothing against any of the liveaboards I've met in my admittedly brief tenancy at my marina. But how could you say that people using the facilities on a daily basis doesn't increase the maintenance requirements and expenditures of the marina? Hell, to start with they have about triple the number of RR facilities due the liveaboards. The RR closest to my boat has 7 showers, 9 lavs, 4 toilets, 3 urinals... And it's one of three on my side of the marina. Then there's the Lounge, Laundry rooms, workout rooms, gated docks, night security....

554 total slips, 50% max liveaboard. You think 277 people using facilities every day doesn't add up to wear and tear?

I'll tell ya, if I ever DO decide to liveaboard, the $195 extra ($240 for a couple) wouldn't bother me a bit.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook