SailNet Community - View Single Post - Latts & Atts is GONE!
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Latts & Atts is GONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonecalledtom View Post
This comment caught my eye.

On one level I get the feeling that lots of interesting things are happening - for example boats like the AC45s are exciting enough to watch even for the layman.

At the same time the marinas in San Diego are noticably empty and most of the other boats don't go out much.
I think you're right on it with the AC45s. The ACWS is poised to bring sailing much more toward the mainstream.

But then you also look at the young sailors trying to break the RTW records. It's on the radar of a new generation.

The "adventure" of stailing is coming back. At the same time, it's not here yet. And the mass of boats that are out there are laregely rotting away is because they belong to older people who watched "The Dove" but then lost the mojo.

Sailing oin the US is coming back...slowly. And it will be interesting to see what it looks like with the next generation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 10-13-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook