SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mooring vs slip?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012

NewportNewbie is on a distinguished road
I have done both. I'm in a slip now. In liked the mooring but for me it was more of a hassle. Keep a dingy at the dock. I ha o move the dingy every 3 days as it was only 72 hour parking. Had to keep gas in the dingy. If I had work to do I was shuttling back and forth with tools and gear. Night hookups were more of a hassle. Always feared running over others mooring lines. Windy mooring hookups were also harder. Why I like a slip. Easier to dock. Easier to get in and go. More convenient parking for me. Easier to clean!! I can wax an polish on the dock. I can also hose off. I have shore power. My view from te slip is better than it was from the mooring. That though is dependent on the mooring and the slip. It really does depend on the particular slip. I'm in my second slip now and the first was convenient yet not scenic. The new one is much easier to get in and has a much nicer surrounding than the old slip. In the mooring j was surrounded by broken down abandoned boats. In the slip they were pristine and polished boats. Made me do ALOT more cleaning and upkeep. Also MUCH easier to work on. The wife comes on the boat more at the slip. That's a good thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook