SailNet Community - View Single Post - What I learned at the Annapolis Boat Show
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Re: What I learned at the Annapolis Boat Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMor View Post
Back in my racing days, a rather inexperienced crew member wanted to take the helm and then proceeded to tack about every 100 yards. Finally I had to tell him to stop, so exhausted from cranking the winches I could barely catch my breath. I thought about that when I saw the crew first push that button. I think I could get used to that.
Haha, I can relate that.

Once in the middle of the Ocean a few hundred NM from land in the middle of the night under the moon lit sky, the captain called for tack. We ended up tacking every 10 mins. After the fifth time, I asked what we were doing. He said he tried to avoid the passing shower. It made the matter worse, a few times the jib got caught on the staysail that I had to get out there to fix it. .

May be that is why sailing solo is the best. There is "Nobody to blame except yourself and whatever happens in the boat stays in the boat.... Shhhhh
hahahah

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook