SailNet Community - View Single Post - Opposition to liveaboards
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Opposition to liveaboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrna View Post
Not so sure you are right here Paulo. Most of the mooring fields that are by marina's are owned either by government, the marina owners or the yacht club. For the most part they are not in public waters per se. There are very few mooring balls owned by owners that just put down a mooring ball where they want to in public waters. It just depends on what the government allows here. It is a very controversial topic here on the east coast right now with states trying to trump Federal laws on free anchoring rights.
Melrna, anchoring rights is one thing, moorings owned by owners that just put down a mooring buoy are another. In my opinion the last one should not be allowed at all and the same with anchoring permanently or for large periods on one place. I explained why on my last post.

Of course if we are talking about moorings not in a natural shelter but inside a port or marina, that's another story but it makes not much sense to have that. It is just not an economical way to maximize the number of places available.

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook