SailNet Community - View Single Post - Buying a 30-40 year old boat - your opinions
View Single Post
post #38 of Old 10-14-2012
Rhapsody-NS27
Daniel - Norsea 27

Re: Buying a 30-40 year old boat - your opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMor View Post
I couldn't feel chi with any of the new boats at the show. I guess I like older boats.
I went to a boat show in Kemah Texas the last couple years, the only one's I've been able to get to so far. This year, I went on the newer boats presented there and I had the same feeling as I did looking at the pictures of the new boats. I had a feeling I was walking into IKEA. Not saying the boats looked cheap because they were very beautiful but something about the interior finish didn't feel right to me. When I was looking for a boat, I was looking for something pre-1990 where things looked and felt better. My boat is a 1981 Norsea 27 and it felt right as soon as I stepped aboard. It needed some cleaning up and a few fixes but seemed well intact. I know I'll have some major projects to do but hope to get a year or two of use out of her before getting into the major $$ projects. This is my first boat so I'm learning a little at a time and I'm happy with my boat. Hopefully soon, I'll be able to get her into a slip and go sailing on a local lake.

I still look at some of the newer boats but still end up drawn towards the older ones.

Daniel
1981 Nor'sea 27,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
"When men come to like a sea-life, they are not fit to live on land." - Samuel Johnson
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome