SailNet Community - View Single Post - 45' + blue water cruiser
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012

ryusui is on a distinguished road
Thanks you all for your input. I have experence sailing but not much blue water experince( well not any in the last 10 yrs). I have been considering modifications thats also why im looking at the 470. Which has alot of the things yall suggested to modify. I also love on the 470 that the wheel stations are completely independent of each other and they are not like that on the 445. i have looked at a few jennauas and also looked at a defour 525 as well. I have also looked into the endevour 52 but hvent found as much info as i would like, but i have heard from a few ppl that its a good boat and would suit my needs well. So far the catalina 470 is my main choice but just trying to make sure i dont leave anything out. Since this is going to be my home an transport for the next 5 or 6 yrs i want something that will be durable to handle any conditions i run into, wont have stuff breaking all the time( i know things will break it happens at sea). Also i want it to be fairly comfortable to live on. So please if you have information or more input please feel free to give more.
Also update im going to see the broker tomorrow and will discuss some of those options and updates yall listed above. Does anyone have experience on either boat in blue water?

Last edited by ryusui; 10-14-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook