SailNet Community - View Single Post - Finger Lakes,NY to Key West,Fl.
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012
cruising all I can

joethecobbler is on a distinguished road
Re: Finger Lakes,NY to Key West,Fl.

Score !

This morning after the initial downpour we made our way down the staircase of locks to Waterford,NY and are currently tied to the wall.
Upon arrival we found that it was the last sunday of the farmers market and availed ourselves of some fresh veggies . Also, the waterford Police Dept. and Fire Dept was having a cookout w/ hotdogs,popcorn,ice cream,soda , pumpkin csrving ,a clown doing face painting and a hay ride (the crew went twice !).
Docking is free for 48 hours and electricity is available for $10 and showers for $5 , you get a key to the shoers and can use at your liesure.
A great place and real nice people. It seems everytime we pass through here they have a festival of some sort. The first time it was a steamboat festival, the second a tugboat roundup and toady he pumpkinfest. what luck.
Also I got to talk to a few of the other boaters docked and met a couple from canada on their way to Alaska via Bermuda-puerto rico-panama canal route. aboard there 40' catamaran. They have already circumnavigated 20 years ago when their children were young on a 30' steel sailboat. Now there on there own and enjoying themselves.They had passed up in Sylvan but didn't stop.
While saying hello's I mentioned I was looking for a hudson river chart and they said they had an extra and gave it to me , What luck ! no I just need to find a NYC harbor chart and I'll be all set.
Wel the rain has stopped the sun is out (mostly) and it's time to take a bycycle ride to the autoparts store for some bulbs for the spreaders and steamer light.
Only 15 miles to castleton boat club to step the mast and we'll be good to go.

stay tuned it's gonna get interesting.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook