SailNet Community - View Single Post - Buying a 30-40 year old boat - your opinions
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012

JulieMor is on a distinguished road
Re: Buying a 30-40 year old boat - your opinions

Whatever boat one is happy with is the best boat for that person. I'm a firm believer in Wayne Dyer's philosophy, "When you judge, you don't define others, you define yourself." That's why I would never criticize someone for their choice in boat. We are all trying to find our little slice of happiness in this life. Happy people are the best people to be around.

My dream started with one day owning a brand new Swan. That dream was hatched almost 40 years ago. I'm now a lot more reasonable about that dream but I'm still holding on to buying a boat that is basically solid. I have learned over the years I have always regretted "settling" for something that my gut told me wasn't right.

There's a certain feel I get walking on to a well built boat, into a well built house or sitting in a well built car. You can just feel it. Maybe it's innate. Maybe it's a lifetime of demanding quality from myself in my profession. I don't know. But what I do know is I can get a feel from a boat in a fairly short time. I think that's what Pam Wall was talking about when we had breakfast with her. She called it Chi. I'll call it a good fit. And that's all I want.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook