View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: Siezed perkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by wph36 View Post
Thx again everyone for your input.
Well I was able to pull the injectors with little trouble, and filled all 4 cylinders with diesel, and let it sit for a couple weeks ...still no movement with starter or pipe wrench.
Removed the starter to eliminate the possibility of it binding, but still dosen't budge.
I am assuming next step would be to pull the head, unless someone knows of any other less painful steps I could take?
Winter's almost here, and I really hate the idea of waiting until spring before knowing what my options are.
If it's seized that tight it needs rebuilding anyway - even if you somehow managed to get it broken loose, imagine the state of the rings & bearings.

Yank it and if you don't know how, pay someone who does to babysit you while you rebuild it over the winter. That will be WAY cheaper than replacing it with new, you'll know every inch of it and a fresh old Perkins will probably outlive your children if properly maintained.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook