SailNet Community - View Single Post - What I learned at the Annapolis Boat Show
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012

JimMcGee is on a distinguished road
Re: What I learned at the Annapolis Boat Show

We go to the show every year. We're happy with our boat and lack of boat payment for now, but it's nice to get ideas for projects and upgrades from the new boats. Maybe in a few years...

As for there being fewer boats than 10 or 15 years ago, well that has everything to do with the economy. The small builders are selling very few boats right now so the show represents a big investment. I imagine it was even worse at the power boat show.

Sunday was a good day. The rain kept the crowds manageable, our foulies kept us dry and a stop by the Hendricks barge warmed us up. I can't believe this thread is three pages in with no mention of Hendricks!

We enjoyed the show, had drinks with friends and picked up a few things we needed. For us it's a relaxing annual getaway that we always look forward to. Now if I can just keep the wife off the Gozzard...

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most" - E.B. White
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook