SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cuba in my sights
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012
Canuck Sailor

canucksailorguy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to canucksailorguy
Re: Cuba in my sights

Many products are manufactured under license - Coke is likely one of these, and the license would come from, say, Mexico or Canada, thereby not violating the embargo.
As for the appliances, Cuban Americans are permitted to send money or bring goods directly into Cuba without any problems, so many CAs help their families back home this way. For this sort of thing, there is no need to use a third country.
At the resorts, you can watch almost any tv station you wish, and many Cubans get their world news in this way - but outside of the resorts, choice is restricted, so Cubans don't get CNN for example, only the communist government's channels.
It's a very complex, very confusing at times, society. It's also fascinating, which is why I'm going back this winter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cuba - Forbidden Paradise
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by canucksailorguy; 10-15-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook