SailNet Community - View Single Post - Best Marinas in Clearwater/St Pete areas
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012
Battered and Bruised

Silvio is on a distinguished road
Re: Best Marinas in Clearwater/St Pete areas

Got nothing to offer other than on the City Marina which you already plan to stay at. I spent a few months there last year. It is in a great location for walking to food, shopping, etc. The facilities are quite good, the folks working there are quite good, and the sailing around the bay is not bad. There tends to be a LOT of growth when the water is warm. Live-aboards abound and there is usually something to do downtown or at the marina itself. Biking around St Pete is pretty easy and the Pinellas trail isn't far from the marina. Bear in mind that you will be downtown and there will be plenty of homeless and pan handlers around. The neighborhoods just off the water front are not so great and there is good deal of crime once you are out of the touristy areas of downtown. The police have a significant presence along the water front area but that diminishes as you head inland. Tampa/St Pete was my home for many years and I still have a place there. It seems to be in perpetual improving mode without ever arriving.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook