SailNet Community - View Single Post - 45' + blue water cruiser
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012
Old enough to know better

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
Re: 45' + blue water cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
THere is a Jeanneau SO49iP in the NW US ready to travel the world right now, in fact, has been from the NW to Oz and back. if you want used, this might be an option too.

Reality is, as noted, MANY of the lower priced boats you are looking at, including Catalina, may not be totally setup from the get go for offshore work. As most will be coastal cruisers.

Some of the things Melrna has asked for are good starts. May of these can be added later, but if you can get them done from the get go, you will be better off. probably cheaper than done later.

Marty
I knew you would come up with a Jeanneau, but that was my first thought also. Seem a bit more sturdy than standard production boats, and lots out there cruising the world. Benitieau First in that size range would be pretty blue capable, and really fast.

Otherwise I think I might go for a recently refit older more "high end" boat in the same size range.

Now living with girlfriend and best friend, I don't know about that. Perhaps I have just seen too many movies!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook