SailNet Community - View Single Post - 45' + blue water cruiser
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Re: 45' + blue water cruiser

Paul,

YEAHHHHH I do the opposite of CD when it comes to Jeanneau vs catalina. BUT, being as jeanneau builds the MOST quantity of sailboats per year than any other builder, with beneteau being a small bit behind..........It's frankly no wonder you see a lot of them sailing the world vs other brands. They do sell and market to a degree, the ability out of the box to do so.

I will say one thing about catalina as merlna and CD attest to. Is Catalina will semi sorta do a semi custom for people. Not sure you will get that from the GBeneteau boats. There is with in that group a custom boat building branch in France, where they make true custom boats, including all the catamarans for waterworld, along with a minitransat boat for a jeanneau employee who did one of the races across the atlantic last summer.

At the end of the day, ANY brands 40+' boat, really should be able to cross and ocean if properly prepared, people more or less know what they are doing etc. There are some already ready to go, like the one I alluded to earlier. Mid 300K IIRC. IT would cost you more than that to setup a new 49iP! or even some of the mid 40' boats.

It all comes down to ambiance frankly between these higher volume production boats, you either like the brand, or you do not.......leave it that!

Marty