SailNet Community - View Single Post - Don't need no lessons..just go..
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012
First String

ltgoshen is on a distinguished road
Re: Don't need no lessons..just go..

I was 13 when I took my first Hobie-Cat out in Bellaire Bluff's. I was hooked. I had read many stories of sailors and great adventures of Island hopping and Treasure hidden by pirates. All I wanted to do was be that guy... When I was a kid in Clearwater Florida, I use to watch the travelers pass thru the ICW. I talked to all of them and they love to talk to me. It was like they wanted to share their stories with somebody. I soaked it up. Then we moved to Atlanta and raised our kids. 25 years passed but my dreams never did. Iím like most, a man of limited means. I new I had to do something to make my dreams of sailing come true. I started reading this site and others well before I moved to Beaufort SC. I devised a plan to take passion of an abandoned or derelict vessel no longer wanted by the owner. Lord they were many of them. I started south of Charleston and nearly to Savannah. Taking all the information down and taking photos of the boats. I found what I wanted and made a great deal on the East Coast Lady ďS/V East Coast Lady: Photos of the progressI splashed her after extensive work on my birthday in March. It was the good people on this site that helped me with the complete process from how do I if it a good yard, to what kind of bottom paint to use. This site was, Well I donít know what I would have done?. But itís the encouragement I got to sail. I have been out now 18 times on a 30í C&C and I did it safety and securely. I had a blast. Thanks Guys for all the help.
From the hobie-cat days till now, I thought I had forsaken my dreamsÖ With your encouragement Iím going to make it.
[IMG][/IMG]
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook