SailNet Community - View Single Post - Buying a 30-40 year old boat - your opinions
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Re: Buying a 30-40 year old boat - your opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingNwing View Post
The years we spent researching and installing exactly the systems we wanted, just helped us bond even more tightly with this boat. (but then, we're admittedly control freaks and would probably always resented someone else's choices LOL.) Bottom line, I think, is that you just have to know yourself.

And of course, I know nothing better than sailing to give you deep insights into your own character - the good and the bad!
It is nice when you are young and mobil, you have options and you can recover when you make a mistake. But when you are old, time is not on your side. Sailing your own dream boat is not as important as the sailing itself. I would rather buy a sound boat and compromised the insignificant. and go sailing.

Don't get me wrong, I am very handy, from engine rebuilding to carpentry work. But my time has come and gone. Refitting an old boat is just too much.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook