SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crimping versus Soldering
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012

fishermanjoe1 is on a distinguished road
Re: Crimping versus Soldering

Maine Sail.... Thankyou so much for your replay....I know this is an old thread and has been beat to death, BUT it is new too me and I am just learning to do it right... Ive been doing it very wrong for years and I really like to do things right... I considered cutting the stop off of the T-Head crimpers, but I didnt do it because I wasnt sure if the crimping surface was wide enough, with enough surface area for the delicate heat shrink terminals... But if thats the way you do it, then I am more than comfortable doing it that way too.... But I still need a pair for the Yellow connectors....SVTatia Said you recommended the Pro'sKit frame and die.... I know this is an older post, so is the Pro'sKit frame and die still your go to crimper for heat shrink if your T-Head isnt around... I want a great quality pair for heat shrink.... I thought maybe AMP or another hi quality (t and B) manufacturer might make a pair.... I want to buy one last pair and be done... I will have my Moidfied T-Head crimpers, My sailors Solution crimpers, and whatever this last recommendation from you is.... Thankyou so much for your time...I have read many, many of your articles... I have even bought the BUTYL (six rolls)... It is very obvious that you care about and do great quality work... I respect and value you opinion very much... Thankyou for your articles and your help here...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook