SailNet Community - View Single Post - Woman Missing – A warning to Newbies.
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012

Geoff54 is on a distinguished road
Re: Woman Missing – A warning to Newbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMor View Post
If I was in that woman's place and my newly remarried spouse says, "Okay honey. If you want to take the boat back all alone, I'll let you. In the meantime, I'll take the car back and wait for you there. Be sure to call when you get in! Bye!"

The first thing I'd do is divorce the guy... again!

I can't imagine letting anyone you love and care about head out alone, at night, in rough weather, on a new boat neither of you know anything about to sail a treacherous coast.

And to make that trip alone, you would either have to be drunk and so furious at your spouse you can't see straight or mentally unstable and married to someone who doesn't want you around anymore. Two people let this happen, the wife and the husband. They can't both be out of their minds. One of them had to know what she was getting into.
Whoa! That's a bit heavy. There is a world of difference between counseling against doing something and trying to stop someone. I have an ambition to do something that the admiral thinks is crazy and dangerous but she would never dream of trying to stop me, anymore than I would try to actually prevent her from doing something, no matter what my opinion. Trying to stop someone only results in conflict and resentment.

Having said that, no one here knows what took place between them - but the conjecture is rife.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook