SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crimping versus Soldering
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Crimping versus Soldering

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishermanjoe1 View Post
Maine Sail.... Thankyou so much for your replay....I know this is an old thread and has been beat to death, BUT it is new too me and I am just learning to do it right... Ive been doing it very wrong for years and I really like to do things right... I considered cutting the stop off of the T-Head crimpers, but I didnt do it because I wasnt sure if the crimping surface was wide enough, with enough surface area for the delicate heat shrink terminals... But if thats the way you do it, then I am more than comfortable doing it that way too.... But I still need a pair for the Yellow connectors....SVTatia Said you recommended the Pro'sKit frame and die.... I know this is an older post, so is the Pro'sKit frame and die still your go to crimper for heat shrink if your T-Head isnt around... I want a great quality pair for heat shrink.... I thought maybe AMP or another hi quality (t and B) manufacturer might make a pair.... I want to buy one last pair and be done... I will have my Moidfied T-Head crimpers, My sailors Solution crimpers, and whatever this last recommendation from you is.... Thankyou so much for your time...I have read many, many of your articles... I have even bought the BUTYL (six rolls)... It is very obvious that you care about and do great quality work... I respect and value you opinion very much... Thankyou for your articles and your help here...
Yes the Pro's Kit is a decent tool but the cheaper ones from Sailors Solutions, Ancor or others make a slightly stronger crimp. I have been bugging the owner of Pro's Kit to do a heat shrink terminal die that is better suited and "slightly" smaller for a stronger crimp. They just launched an MC4 crimp die so they do progress... If using FTZ Crimp--n-Seal terminals they Pro's Kit works well. The die on the AMP is much wider than most tools...

You can't go wrong with a Pro's Kit tool as the crimp frame will take numerous dies. I have about 6-7 sets for mine and a few frames. Everything from MC4, BNC, PL259's etc. etc...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook