SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is the C&C 30 MK1 a capible offshore boat?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012
1979 C&C 30 MK1

flyingjib is on a distinguished road
Re: Is the C&C 30 MK1 a capible offshore boat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltgoshen View Post
The Older C&C 30's were sitting on wood mine is the newer model made with an aluminum mast steep thru the cabin and mounted otop the keel. It is strong. I have inspected the Standing rigging all looks good. I do have an instrument to tune the rigging and the instructions for doing so. I was just asking how much slack i should expect when under a good blow. By the way I am Planning fy first Port Hop. Looks like the weekend of November 9-11. Weather permitting of course we will shag down to the Georgia coast. Then head back up to hilton head to spend the night at Scull Creek Marina. Then back out side to the bell marker then back to Beaufort. I'm excited.
Thanks fior your help.
I'm the "other C&C in Annapolis" BubbleheadMd has mentioned here. I ended up rebuilding my mast step. It was all rotted away. PITA but nothing complicated and took a weekend. The new and improved mast step with addition of proper mast partners made things much better. No more flopping leeward shrouds...

As you said, I think from hull # 600 they switched to a sturdy aluminum mast step. No more half glassed water soaked plywood:

Here is how mine looked like:

Last edited by flyingjib; 10-17-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook