SailNet Community - View Single Post - Woman Missing – A warning to Newbies.
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
Re: Woman Missing – A warning to Newbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff54 View Post
Whoa! That's a bit heavy. There is a world of difference between counseling against doing something and trying to stop someone. I have an ambition to do something that the admiral thinks is crazy and dangerous but she would never dream of trying to stop me, anymore than I would try to actually prevent her from doing something, no matter what my opinion. Trying to stop someone only results in conflict and resentment.

Having said that, no one here knows what took place between them - but the conjecture is rife.
Not at all heavy. If he loved her he would not have allowed her to go alone. He had to have enough sense to know it was very dangerous, unless of course it was all part of a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockDAWG View Post
For the records, my wife never stops me. In fact I have hall passes and I can do anything I want.
I guess you have a big life insurance policy! I bet she makes sure it is paid up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMor View Post
...and, sometimes, in death.
Yes true. I still think she is sitting on a beach somewhere. Just have a boat come pick her up from the boat and let it drift into the lee shore. All I can think of is Milton from Office Space sitting on the beach threatening to burn down the hotel because he did not like his drink...

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook