SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing Capital of the........
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Sailing Capital of the........

Is 15-20 feet considered an uncomfoirtable depth to sail in ( steady depth)? Maybe it is because in your area its rocks vs mud on ours. You are right if you are looking for solid 50 ft depths, Stay away from the Chessapeake,

I give in. Annapolis is not the sailing capitol. Its a wannabe. And the Chesapeake, why its really a hot place with no wind to keep a boat. Shallow water too. Go north and sail (May 15-Oct 1). We really dont want you to sail here. Please stop coming to our abysmal boat show and taking up the time of the wannabe sailors here. I think someopne once derisivbely refered to us as " Chesapeake Lions".

We really dont need any more boats cluttering up our waters or eating our crabs. There are barely enough to go around for us so if you come here you will only drive the price of them up further.

Stay away its really a dangerous place for you and your boat.

Forget coming up the Delaware when traveling south and go directlky accross Diamond Shoals to South carolina.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook