SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boarding and rafting to stranger's boats.
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012
Da Most Educated Red Neck

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Re: Boarding and rafting to stranger's boats.

I don't mind at all if they know what they doing and no damage to my boat. In a pubic area, it is meant to share. If you fence off the first one, the second one may be even worse. Be nice and be kind will go long way.

Once I was taking a live-on -board 5 day sailing course. We dropped the anchor. Our instructor was on the deck fenced of anyone attempt to drop anchor within the 200 meters of our boat. He was a big guy standing on the edge of the boat starring with his war face to anyone motoring close to our boat. I said to myself, I wound never do that to another human being whatever they are on. Hassling while sailing is not what I want to do. Let's share, so everyone will have fun and be happy.

Fine Print:
I read, I think, and I act independently; I don't come here to win a popular contest on Sailnet, nor I am here for hookup. I come here to learn, be challenged and be inspired in the art of sailing the big Ponds. I am NOT afraid of drowning in the sea, but I am afraid of dying in a nursing home and burdening those who I love.
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook