SailNet Community - View Single Post - New Northeast Liveboard - First Condensation/Mildew Battle
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road
Re: New Northeast Liveboard - First Condensation/Mildew Battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Swain View Post
I moved aboard my first boat at age 22, finished her ,and set sail for the South Pacific at age 23. Living aboard has allowed me to semi retire in my mid 20s, working a month a year on average, and I have single handed across the Pacific 9 times, as well as cruising the BC coast 11 months a year, when not cruising down south. I have access to a huge house with a large screen TV and all the comforts. Two days there and I'm bored to death, and cant wait to get back on my boat. Cant believe people actually spend their whole lives living that way.
Now that we're temporaraly living in a house, all I do is think about my boat (and post on sailnet). I'm planning on doing up the shop really nice so that I can spend all winter in the shop doing boat projects.

Living aboard is harder than living in a house, but it is oh-so-much more interesting.

+1 for the wood stove. I showered daily in my 31' boat, cooked and boiled a lot, and it was a sinking wooden boat so the bilge was ALWAYS very very wet. Wood stove and a few fans solved it all (except for clothes in the furthest deepest cupboards).

MedSailor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook