SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boarding and rafting to stranger's boats.
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd
Re: Boarding and rafting to stranger's boats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisncate View Post
My question about rafting is that since sailing and or docking aren't an emergency situation, and you choose at (and by) your own leisure to be out there, why is it so imperative that you be able to dock right this instant regardless of others property and parking privilege?

When we park a car in public, do we expect that if there is no parking spot available, we have the right to block the car in who actually got there first for parking, and walk across their hood?

I can't see how your desire to park your boat takes priority over someone else's property? What am I not seeing here, except that you really want to park your boat right this instant and other peoples property and parking don't matter at all?
I think the attitude in these locales is "There are limited public accomodations, and this is how we share them to accomdate as many people as possible".

Add to this, that the space is public. If it were paid, then I'd understand a disagreement.

Like I said, it's sort of a cultural thing. You disagree with it, because it's not generally accepted behavior here on the Chesapeake, except in social situations.
1973 Pearson 30 #255
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook