SailNet Community - View Single Post - Finger Lakes,NY to Key West,Fl.
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012
cruising all I can

joethecobbler is on a distinguished road
Re: Finger Lakes,NY to Key West,Fl.

We are a Sailboat again ! Yea !
What a wonderful feeling it is to have the mast vertical again as it should be , I feel like a proud Papa.
Took me a couple hours to get it stepped , I kept beginning to raise it and seeing things out of place or the shrouds in the wrong position or the forward stay "nuised" to the mast . But w/ a bit of patience it all got done. I even ran a bunch of extra haylards for multiple headsails and the spinnaker. Only thing I didn't do is put a flag pulley on the starboard spreader, oh well.
We're on a mooring ball on thr west side of the Hudson across the channel from the Castleton Boat club right now and it is Sweeeeet ! Calm and beautiful. I'm even getting wi-fi from the docks ! Not that it matters as I have a cell phone that I run Foxfi on to make it a hotspot . It's just cool.
$50.00 to use the crane to step the mast and $5.00 for the Mooring ball and access to the club with all amenities,bar ,bathroom etc. I love this place, I told about 20 sailors I saw about it and I saw a few of them here today stepping there masts. Why would anybody PAY more? you still gotta un-secure it and move all your "stuff " around,
and I drop my full enclosure to make it easy.
I wouldn't want to let anybody mess with all that And I doubt they would be as careful, probably just trample everything.
Also it gives me a chance to give it all one more look.
ok, tommorrows supposed to be another great day sunny and all .
looking forward to it.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook