SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boarding and rafting to stranger's boats.
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road
Re: Boarding and rafting to stranger's boats.

i have rafted and been rafted to--i do not like the cracks in the teak rail (now needing replacement, but there is no wood for this--is TEAK, 1X6Xalmost 10 feet)as a result nor do i enjoy the knitting of rigging with sailing boats lighter than mine when rafted in a surge/swell situation. rough water--i will not raft, thankyou--i have enough damage from those small boats who stated that "woudn't happen" to me, before cracking my teak rails.
i try to keep my anchoring away from others, and i will visit if and when i feel the need or urge to meet. having strangers near my boat disturbs my guard cat.

no, i am not mean, i am knowledgeable. btdt with rafting in a rough water situation. will not do that again. i even did it 2 times, to make sure it didnt work. so i have an open mind--just not to rafting against my boat or with it.

by the way--NO ONE has the RIGHT or PRIVILEGE to walk onto someone else's boat UNINVITED and without requesting permission to board the ship. (not learned from a yottie--but from an old salt merchant mariner/sailor)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41 and ericson 35mII
cruising tropical mexico at present, working my way southward

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by zeehag; 10-18-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook