SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boarding and rafting to stranger's boats.
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road
Re: Boarding and rafting to stranger's boats.

i have rafted and been rafted to--i do not like the cracks in the teak rail (now needing replacement, but there is no wood for this--is TEAK, 1X6Xalmost 10 feet)as a result nor do i enjoy the knitting of rigging with sailing boats lighter than mine when rafted in a surge/swell situation. rough water--i will not raft, thankyou--i have enough damage from those small boats who stated that "woudn't happen" to me, before cracking my teak rails.
i try to keep my anchoring away from others, and i will visit if and when i feel the need or urge to meet. having strangers near my boat disturbs my guard cat.

no, i am not mean, i am knowledgeable. btdt with rafting in a rough water situation. will not do that again. i even did it 2 times, to make sure it didnt work. so i have an open mind--just not to rafting against my boat or with it.

by the way--NO ONE has the RIGHT or PRIVILEGE to walk onto someone else's boat UNINVITED and without requesting permission to board the ship. (not learned from a yottie--but from an old salt merchant mariner/sailor)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41, cruising tropics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by zeehag; 10-18-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook