SailNet Community - View Single Post - BVI budget
Thread: BVI budget
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012

joet13 is on a distinguished road
Re: BVI budget

Steve,

Hope you guys don't run me off, but I drive one of those things without sails...nonetheless, it's gets me on the water. Here are costs I've put together for my third charter in the BVI's. I break down into
Boat Charter
Flights
Incidentals
Drinks and Food
Rental Gear
Lodging other than boat.

We have found that doing our own shopping is best. And not in Roadtown! We will be going to Soper's hole as soon as I can cast off to provision. We will provision for around 4 days, then restock. Everyone buys their own provisions. For incidentals such as mooring, ice, water, fuel, I designate a purser who gathers $300 in cash from each couple the first day upon stepping on board. That way there is no worry on whose turn it is to pay for fuel or ice...etc. At the end of the trip, we redistribute any monies left over. We all seem to be in line with around $500 per person to eat and drink for 7 days. It's a pretty even split between eating out and dining on board for dinner. Almost all lunches are on board, as well as breakfast. Usually, we do eat lunch at the Restaurant on top of the hill when we visit the Baths. Since we spend a little more on fuel, ($500), our trips are running around $5500 per couple for 4 couples on a PowerCat 474.

Capt. Joe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BVI Costs.JPG (31.5 KB, 33 views)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook